Sunday 7 February 2010

OUGD102: Review Week 3

After moving on from Reggae to the record information about the Reggae vinyls I had gathered at the start i moved onto album artwork. The 100 album covers took me a week and a half/ two weeks. I knew this would take me the most time of the project because I wanted each cover to offer something that I found interesting, learnt and different.

On Friday I had a crit with Fred. I wasn't looking forward to this because I had only just finished the day before collecting my 100 album covers. On Thursday I tried to prepare using the A2 presentation board to show where I was up to. I basically put on a few examples of the 100 I collected, the artwork picture, artist, album, genre, year of release, label, designer and information on artwork. This filled up two thirds of the board and the other third I wanted to put some ideas of where I wanted to take the information I had found.

I knew i didn't want to make a book because at the minute I am really poor and couldn't afford to print the work off, so I wanted to tidy up my Flash skills seeing as i haven't used it for over a year and wasn't to clever at the start. On the board I included the Itunes players and windows media player. So at the presentation I explained what I had been doing and where I wanted to take the project, and on the A2 board I had artist, album, year ect I had collected and the itunes player, and Fred said why don't you make it as a playlist for the iPhone. I was kind of gutted because it was a winning idea but i hadn't had chance to really think to much about what I was going to produce. However I would of never of thought of this anyway. Usually I would think of producing a final either with photoshop, flash, illustrator or hand made, it opened up my creative mind as I can look for other alternatives rather than the ones I just listed. 

Another reason I didn't want to make a book was because as I thought I might of produced something on CD format I could take what I learnt from the book making induction and try to evolve it into making a CD case because I felt I would learn more from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment